1) GETTING STARTED
Watch the videos through once, then do the steps outlined below.
ONLINE PRESS RELEASES
Not many people understand how to use the power
of the press to get the word out about your business
MAKE IT NEWS-WORTHY
Reporters are always looking for a good story -
especially if it's been a slow news day. Here are some
tips to help you in your local community to get
the "scoop" on a great story.
Know the Reporter - Send your story to the reporter
who covers your specialty. It doesn't do you
any good to send your recipe to the reporter handling
the crime beat instead of the food editor.
Catchy Titles - From a search engine standpoint,
make sure your titles are keyword rich.
"Get Clicks in 8 Days" was a program I used to
sell through Got Clicks. It's no longer available
for sale, but you'll hear references to it in this
1) Write your press release. I have used Word,
but transfer it over to a Notepad (click on your
PC "Start" "All Programs" "Accessories" then
"Notepad." That way, when you copy and paste
your story in a free press release service, your
copy will print smoothly into the program.
2) Login to free-press-release.com
3) Click "Submit Press Release" (you may need to
create an account. If so, do that first!)
4) In the upper left click "Submit Press Release"
5) Check off "free press release."
6) Copy and paste your Title, Summary and Newsbody
in from your press release you wrote in Notepad.
7) Type in your tags (keywords) VERY important for
search engines to find you.
8) Website and Picture can be added only if you pay.
9) Advanced options - choose your industry.
10) Put in your address, contact info and click
11) Voila! Your press release is ready. You can
copy and paste the url into Facebook, your website,
wherever you think people will want to see your info.